1

Topic: Links & Videos

Link question:  While typing on one of my website pages, I highlight the words I wish to use as a link, then click the link icon on the toolbar.  I get the full URL, which is pointing to a blog, but when I click save, the only blog that will appear is the MTH blog.  Can you please help me understand what might be going on?

Video question:  While typing on any of my website pages, I click on the source icon and insert the embedded code from a YouTube video.  The result is a small box - no video, nothing distinguishable - but when I click the very small box, it does take me to YouTube.  Can you help me understand how to make an actual video appear with one of those 'play arrows' in the center?

2

Re: Links & Videos

Hi Grace,

If you're still having trouble, can you open a ticket by sending an email to support@musicteachershelper.com

We'd like to make sure these issues get resolved for you, and you'll get faster assistance with a ticket.

3

Re: Links & Videos

When you are on the youtube page go down below and click use old embed code and it will work fine. For some reason the new code doesn't work right.

4

Re: Links & Videos

Don p wrote:

When you are on the youtube page go down below and click use old embed code and it will work fine. For some reason the new code doesn't work right.

I have got the same problem as a guy in the 1st post, but your solution doesn't work for me hmm
Any other idea what is wrong?

5

Re: Links & Videos

xahiv wrote:
Don p wrote:

When you are on the youtube page go down below and click use old embed code and it will work fine. For some reason the new code doesn't work right.

I have got the same problem as a guy in the 1st post, but your solution doesn't work for me hmm
Any other idea what is wrong?

The best way to help you wtih this would be if you sent a message to support@musicteachershelper.com (use the email address you registered with MTH) and provide the URL for the YouTube video you are trying to embed, and what page you are trying to embed it on.

If you have an idea for improving Music Teacher's Helper, we'd love to hear about it!  Use our feedback site.

6

Re: Links & Videos

Can you upload a video that you take of yourself on without going through youtube to do it? I have some CD recordings of me performing that are not video. Is there a way to upload those to my website?

7

Re: Links & Videos

One of my students was having trouble seeing my YouTube videos - discovered it was a security issue at his end.  I think he's happy enough that he can click on it and go to YouTube...

Would be nice to not have that problem as there could be others I don't know viewing my page and also having trouble.

8

Re: Links & Videos

fretford wrote:

Can you upload a video that you take of yourself on without going through youtube to do it? I have some CD recordings of me performing that are not video. Is there a way to upload those to my website?

You should be able to just go to the file area and upload them to the resources page. Just turn them to mp3's

As far as uploading videos one thing I found that you need to do for some reason is first upload the video, save it, then go back to the edit page again and then save it a second time. It will then show on the page.

Last edited by Don p (2012-02-24 22:58:12)

9

Re: Links & Videos

I've tried doing this double-save thing, going back to edit the video twice and it does absolutely no good.  Posting a music YouTube video on a music teacher's website should be much easier than it is right now. 

On a related, or un-related (who knows?), I have cleared my Google Chrome cache dang near twice a week just so items in my Calendar and such will show up on my end.  Terribly frustrating at times.  Please keep the updates coming.

10

Re: Links & Videos

I'm not sure what your Google Chrome cache has to do with the calendar in MTH. Or are you referring to a Google calendar you've synced with your MTH calendar?

If you have an idea for improving Music Teacher's Helper, we'd love to hear about it!  Use our feedback site.