Yiyi Ku is a pianist and teacher. Born in Taiwan, she grew up in New Zealand and obtained her Master of Music degree with Distinction in Composition and Piano Performance from the University of Canterbury. Yiyi also holds a Licentiate in Piano Performance from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music. She is a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music in Piano from Music Teachers National Association and American College of Musicians/National Guild of Piano Teachers.
Yiyi has an extensive background in teaching. Before moving to the United States in 2005, She taught Piano, Theory and Musicianship at Rangi Ruru Girls School and St Margarets College in Christchurch, New Zealand. While living on Long Island, she was piano faculty at East End Arts Council School of Arts, and became a certified piano adjudicator for New York State School Music Association. In 2009 she moved to California, and currently lives with her husband and two dogs in Murrieta. She has maintained a busy private studio for many years, and enjoys teaching students of all ages and levels.
See other posts by Yiyi Ku
- Piano Competitions – An Open Letter to Students
- Duet Inspirations
- Role of Parents
- Exciting New Music for Students
- Remind Students How to Practice
- The Holidays are Here
- Flu Season Alert and 6 Ways to Protect Yourself
- Halloween/Fall Recital Ideas
- Money Matters
- New Popular Teaching Resources
- Time for Studio Break
- More Supplementary Teaching Resources
- Supplementary Teaching Resources
- Sacred Performer Collections
- Make-up Lessons – To Give, or Not To Give, That is The Question
- Time to Select Audition Music for Your Students
- Who is going to the Big Apple?
- Holiday Music – for YOU!
- Pop and Movie Hits
- The Price of Private Music Lessons